Pages

Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

DIY Chair Planters

I found these (what I call ice cream parlor) chairs at a garage sale for a couple of bucks a piece. I love the shape of the chairs but you could not sit in them. They were just to far gone. So of course that means make them something else!

 I sanded them very little, I wanted the weathered look. I wanted the paint to come off in places. I knew they would be outside, so I didn't care if they were perfect.
 I cut holes in the seats to fit some old plastic planters I had on hand. I drilled a hole in the middle of the chair seat put a pencil with a sting measured to half of the planter size then marked the seat. Then cut out the circle with a jig saw. Painted the chairs and planters. The weather would do the rest for me.

                                                  I love the finished product!
                               
                                                                          
                                                               Thanks
                                                              Tiffany G.                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment